Thursday, January 24, 2008

Canada revises registered nurse licensure exam

Starting February 2008 and until February 2010, the Canadian Registered Nurse Examinations (CRNE) will be composed of multiple-choice questions only. Aside from multiple-choice questions, the CRNE in the past also had fill-in-the-blank questions.

Last year, a scandal broke out because some or all of the questions in the short-answer part (fill-in-the-blank) were alegedly leaked out in one examination. About 15% of the entire test was composed of fill-in-the-blank questions.

There are 300 questions in the updated CRNE, which is a mandatory exam to get a nursing license in Canada. About 40% of the questions are independent questions while the remaining 60% are presented within cases.

For more information, you can read the press release from the Canadian Nurses Association Web site by clicking here.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments:

Sample NCLEX Training Videos

Loading...

Yahoo! News Search Results for nurses